Rick, along with Tom Lacy, is a founder of the Lindsey & Lacy, PC, a Georgia native, and an honors graduate of the University Of Georgia School Of Law where he served as Managing Editor of the Georgia Law Review. Rick began his legal career as a clerk for the Honorable William M. Acker, Jr., United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama, and is licensed to practice in all Georgia courts as well as the United States Supreme Court. The firm is based on Rick’s thirty-plus years of legal experience in Peachtree City, as managing partner of the area’s largest law firm, as former City Attorney for the City of Peachtree City, and as attorney for the Sheriff of Fayette County.
Rick is a longstanding member of the Peachtree City community, a member of the Fayette County Bar Association, a member of the Fayette County Chamber of Commerce, and Chairman of the Fayette County Education Foundation. Rick has developed a strong reputation as much sought-after counsel in the areas of Business Transactions and Litigation; Local Government and Zoning; Adoptions; and Wills, Estate Planning, and Probate.
Rick currently serves as City Attorney for the City of Chattahoochee Hills in Fulton County and also as counsel for numerous local, state, national, and international businesses.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Business & Commercial Law
- Family Law
- Probate & Estate Administration
- State, Local & Municipal Law
- Georgia, 1985
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Georgia
EducationUniversity of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. cum laude - 1985
- B.B.A. magna cum laude - 1981
- Richard P. Lindsey, An Assessment of the Use of Cameras in Federal and State Courts, 18 Ga. L Rev. 389, 1984
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fayette County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Fayette County Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Fayette County Education Foundation, Chairman